It has been ages since I last posted, and since I was not doing anything useful, I was looking around for an inspiration that would help me write. A lot of thoughts sprung into my mind, but while some were too dry topics, others would have been quite funny, yet embarrassing for me. And then I was reminded of the inspiration that made me start this blog in the first place. Finding beauty!
I thus started recalling the moments when I have truly appreciated beauty in the past. A pretty face, some gorgeous dress, a sexy shoe? Naah! Too skin-deep and materialistic!
A serene sun-set, cold wind blowing autumn leaves, sun-rise on a beach, dew-drops glowing like diamonds on grass blades? Well, Keats, Frost and Shakespeare beat me to it! Damn!
Well then Beauty, what exactly are you, so effective and powerful, that you could turn a Beast into a man?!
It was becoming frustrating. I was almost about to change the name of my blog, when I remembered how I felt when I saw my mother who hates dogs, slowly warm up to our little fur-ball; tentative and nervous at first, but when the little Devil decided to chase its own tail round and round, the burst of joyful laughter that escaped her mouth was a thing of Beauty.
I remembered when in the mid of a tiring day, our clerk took pity on me and escorted me to the canteen for a cup of coffee, and insisted on paying for it himself. Well, that smile on the old man's face was a thing of Beauty.
I remembered when I was returning home the other day, and there was a van full of noisy school children that wouldn't let me pass, and on top of it, one kid opened his water-bottle and emptied it along the road, spraying me a little. I was about to make a rude face at the irritating kid, when I was suddenly transported back 15 years ago, when I used to empty my water-bottle while returning from school to hide the fact that I forgot to drink it! My lips out of their own accord formed a smile at that kid. And he smiled back with the so familiar guilty look, and that moment was a thing of Beauty!
Beauty is an all-encompassing thing that is formed by kindness, generosity, honesty, faithfulness, modesty. It is present all around us. All we need to do is find the thing of Beauty and it truly will become a joy for ever.
Another good one Pholgu ! Keep finding beauty in the world around you. It's so true.... it's the simple things that bring the most joy.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt was a "beautiful" trip down memory lane... the water bottle thing made me smile,especially when I was reminded of her catching me red-handed once, and the thrashing that followed... Keep writing, "finding Beauty" through your posts is a lot of fun...
ReplyDeleteYou are right Sushree. Beauty is present all around us. I too believe its not something physical, rather its absolutely abstract. A warm and cozy feeling beauty is :)
DeleteP.S : will be waiting for your next one !
Beauty lies, as they aptly say, in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty is in your mind much beyond mere tangible things. Great write-up Pholgu! :)
ReplyDeleteNice one! Really Nice one! Your best till date.
ReplyDelete