Friday, 12 December 2014

Dewy December

Whispering winds, tickling the ear,
Becalmly beckoning,
Wickedly wafting the scent of fresh green grass
Laced with drops of dew.
The early bird from its hidey-hole,
Quirkily quoting, welcoming words.
Barefoot, she walks out,
In a tranquil trance, eyes heavy with slumber.
A ray of light from the rising sun,
Touches her face, in a curious caress.
A wistful sigh, pierces the quiet,
As her serene smile at the snoozing snail
Lights up the sky.
She steps onto the grass, and squeals with pleasure,
Soaking her feet, in the diamond-like treasure.
Cadently cajoling, the cuckoo calls,
The mysterious mist in its hazy falls;
She wraps her cloak tight around her,
Walks forward into the foggy maze,
Challenging it with eager eyes,
Answering the tempting tease.




3 comments:

  1. This poem is definitely different from your other works. Good to see you experimenting with free verse. I love the' Snoozing snail ' and the' Tempting tease'. 😊 I have my doubts about becalm and cadent being used as adverbs (?) but I may be wrong.
    Keep writing Pholgu, I like the way you write.
    Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Auntie. I have the exact same doubts! Even I couldn't find these two words being used as adverbs anywhere, but I wrote them anyway. I loved the words! I can always change them. ;) Till I find two better words. :)

      Delete
    2. They have been used in some books though. So I think I'll keep them. But I don't know how credible those authors are.

      Delete