All of us have our own share of worries and set of troubles, which are exclusive. To put it simplistically, the one thing common to all our sorrows is that we find our lives, or some aspect of it, lacking in perfection. But amidst us mere commoners, there exist a rare breed of men, who are so perfect, that we draw inspiration from them, tinted of course with a sense of envy. This story is about one such perfect man, whose only problem was that he was too perfect!
He was a good man. A man who was perceived as someone who can do no wrong. At an era, where people instead of offering an apology, rush to defend themselves with an arrogant 'So what, I'm not Perfect!', this man was a breath of fresh air. Our story starts when normal, flawed people, bursting with jealousy, demanded the secret of perfection from our hero.
Our perfect man could be described as honest, kind, humble, intelligent, wise, handsome, polite, wealthy, trustworthy, blameless, guiltless, disciplined, courteous, honourable, and any other adjective referring to pure virtue. His competitors struggled to find vices in his character, till they were tired of their fruitless endeavour. His family and friends were proud to be associated with him, and constantly asked for his advice and help, and were never displeased. Stunningly attractive women tried to win his heart, and clever men his friendship. Experts tried to decipher the logic behind his investments hitting gold, while astrologers opined about the alignment of his stars. He was interviewed by the media and was discussed about in high circles. Everybody finally decided that the perfect man must disclose his secret regarding the perfection that comes so naturally to him.
All this while, nobody cared to notice that the energy and vigour with which our hero conducted himself had begun to wane. Nobody noticed the burden of the expectations that he seemed to bear. Nobody noticed the fear of failure slowly being built behind his eyes. Nobody bothered about the fact that his once carefree, melodious, perfect laughter was turning stony and lifeless. And one day, he left.
The world went crazy. Their foremost worry - the Secret of Perfection had vanished with him!
A few months later, when the Government had claimed and declared the Perfect Man's belongings as public treasures and began auctioning them, his personal diary was discovered. The excitement of people could not be contained. Therefore, the last entry of his diary was unanimously decided to be made public. It read thus,
"All my life I have been called perfect. I have been questioned about my way of living life, my thinking, my inspiration and my uniqueness. But all my life I have only acted as I have seen fit. My actions were mere reflections of my beliefs and my idea of what is right and wrong. Which is exactly the same as everyone else. I have succeeded in every venture, but I failed to answer that one question the whole world expected me to answer. I have failed to discover the secret of something that they call Perfection."
I was just searching about NLUs on YouTube to romanticize the idea of them and to just have a virtual tour of hopefully one of my future college campus, and i stumbled upon NLUO and saw the comments and Sushree Pholgu's comment interested me which lead me to search her name on Instagram and enter the zone of such beautiful blog posts.
ReplyDeleteloved it, gonna share it on my socials and oh, if u see this please accept my request on ig, I'm by the name unnnaaahhh