It is always charming when your date gets out of the car to walk you to your door-step or pulls out the chair for you. It just warms your heart towards him and makes you rather fond of him. But when an 8-year-old who met you for the first time, politely asks you your name, lets you walk into the restaurant first, and opens the car door for you, you fall head over heels in love with him. Period.
Today, when I was invited for a lunch with three kids I barely knew, I reluctantly agreed, possibly because I had nothing better to do, and more so because I couldn't really refuse my boss' wife. As it turned out, it was one of the best times I have had off late. Watching those children chatter and run about, and answering their ridiculous questions to the best of my ability was actually fun! It is so easy to lose myself in their innocence and purity, untainted by the prickly hands of the devilish world.
The little girl whose father is fighting for his life in a comatose state this very moment, since two months, though considerably quietened by the incident, is still able to laugh and make others smile. The perfect little gentle-man of a boy, who has suddenly become the man in his family with an estranged father and dead uncle, is still able to tease and crack jokes making his friends squeal with laughter.
Can we not see the wisdom these children emit through their activities? Can we not find the refreshing beauty in them? Can we not be more like these little angels who are God's way of teaching us to move forward in our lives, with a smile and kindness in heart?
Like they say - Child is the father of Man. If only people could have the sense to perceive such subtle but not inapparent voice of God.
ReplyDeleteYes Pholgu, You were lucky to have experienced first hand... the beauty in the innocence and playfulness of children. They would no doubt return to the sadness prevailing in their bereaved home, but in the few hours of respite from the mourning, they behaved only as children can... Living the moment with full enjoyment ..... Good that you were able to be a part of their 'time out' .
ReplyDeleteYou have written well.... merged the sorrow with joy.